Friday, April 1, 2011

In the Bean Bag

Trygg can be predictable. He is not wearing his glasses. I still owe him a lunch, and he still drops pencils in my lap every time I do the crossword puzzle.

On the upside, he does make his bed without asking and agreed not to use my email address.

Then comes this morning.

I'm up early to put on the coffee and I see him skulking out of the house. He has a bag full of sandwiches and he's carrying a thermos. I figured out the part about the sandwiches from the empty tuna cans in the recycle bin. However, I was a bit concerned about the thermos. Then I saw the coffee filtre with the grounds in the trash. (All I had to do was to follow the bits of coffee grounds along the floor.) Then I realised, Trygg doesn't have thermos. Mine is still in the cupboard, so I check the recycle bin again. There, under the back issues of cat magazines and crossword puzzle books (done in pencil) is an empty box from L. L. Bean.

I don't say a word about the thermos when Trygg gets back later.

"Have a nice day?"

"It was okay."

"Do anything special?"

"No."

Trygg settles down next to the sofa to freshen up. (I wish he'd do that in the bathroom, but as he says, "I'm a cat.")

"It's Friday. We're having fish for dinner. "

Trygg is quiet. Then...

"I went fishing, okay?"

"Did I say anything?"

"No. And that's how I know you know I'm guilty. Whenever you don't say anything it's because I'm guilty of something."

"What are you guilty of doing. Or not doing?"

"I wanted to surprise you, so I went fishing. I thought I'd catch tonight's supper."

"You already told me that."

"And I bought a thermos. Oh, yeah, and I made tuna sandwiches for my friends."

"No a problem. I like your friends."

"You knew about the thermos."

"Just bring it in and wash it out."

Trygg gets the thermos, washes it out, and puts it in the drain board.

"Aren't you going to start cooking?"

"I made gravlax."

"Can you make some gravlaxsÄs?"

"Okay."

Trygg goes to wash up. It's my turn to set the table. Even the cat winks. =^.~=


Regards,

Slim


Copyright (c) 2011 Slim Fairview

slimfairview@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment