Monday, April 11, 2011

Trygg's Secret Social Life

Yesterday was a quiet Sunday. (Once my wife and I reconciled ourselves to Trygg's schedule.)

I don't have a problem with Trygg getting up early. Okay, very early. My wife, however, is seldom amused.

None-the-less, as a gracious turn, my wife put on the coffee and let me go back to sleep for another hour. I went for the papers, Trygg made his own breakfast, and all was quiet.

Outside, Pood and Friend were lying alternately on the picnic table or in the grass. Buddy's two spent the day. The boy in the grass, the little one under the bush. Cali came by for breakfast, but left early.

Now, the Penguin was by very early. Or very late. It all depends on how you define 3:30. I still don't know if Trygg considers that 3:30 am or 3:30 pm. He would, however, have to wait. Trygg wasn't about, and I am not running a diner. I told Trygg to pass the word on to his friends.

Now, it is usually considered rude to abandon your guests, but as the patio looked like a Frat-house the morning after, everyone sleeping about, I guess Trygg disappearing wasn't the worst thing. He ate about 1:30 then left. (In the afternoon.) The problem was, he didn't come back for supper. Or later that evening. And my wife was very upset.

We decided to go to bed about 10 but my wife decided to stay up another half an hour. When my wife came to bed, still no Trygg.

I didn't say anything to my wife, but I saw that when Trygg left, he didn't take his wallet or his cell phone. Now, I know if he wants to call me, he can always borrow someone's phone, but what if everyone decided to chip in for something? In addition to his allowance, I usually make sure that he has a few extra dollars for emergencies.

Trygg didn't come home til about 6 this morning. My wife was happy to see him. He knew I was miffed. Neither of us discussed the matter.

I don't know what I'm going home to, but I do expect an explanation. We're having sausage and mash with peas. If he has any sense, he'll come clean.

The only thing my wife said was that he must have slept somewhere because usually when he's gone a long time, the first thing he does is jump onto the bed and go to sleep. This morning he ate and went back out.

There will be a discussion.

Even the cat winks =^.~=

Regards,

Slim


Copyright (c) 2011 Slim Fairview

slimfairview@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment