Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Trygg Visits his Mom for Mother's Day

I took off a few days. From keeping you up to date on Trygg. That is because Trygg took off for a few days. He went to see his mom for Mother's Day.

He came back late yesterday. No problem.

"How did it go? Was your Mom surprised to see you?"

"Oh, yeah. It was a big get-together," Trygg said. "My brothers and sisters, that's about 20, then there were my aunts, another 4, plus cousins....I guess it was all tolled about 100 or so."

(100 or so?)

Trygg says this in his matter of fact way.

"Glad you had a good time."

Trygg hops up on the sofa and sits close to me. He looks up at me.

"Yes."

"Promise you won't think this is silly?"

"Of course not."

"I got my mom something for Mother's Day. I just wanted to tell you about it. I want to know what you think."

"Okay." (Oh, Lord.) "What did you get your Mom?"

"Well, first, I gave her a feather on a string. Then, a jingle bell. Then..."

"Yes?"

"Well, I gave her the toy you made for me. I hope you're not hurt or insulted, or--"

"No, Trygg. In fact, I am very proud that you thought the toy I made for you was good enough to give to your Mom. And the other presents were great too. I specially like the jingle bell."

"Mom used to play with me when I was a kitten. She'd bat the jingle bell around and I'd chase it. That seems so long ago. It got lost, I guess. You know how it is when you have all those kittens around."

"I think it was a very touching gift. And I want to thank you for sharing. That is so special. It means so much to me."

"I didn't mean for you to get all mushy."

"Sorry. So, anything else happen?"

"My Grandmother came."

"Really? That must have been great."

"It was. Still, speaking of great, Grandma couldn't stay long. She went to visit her mother."

"Your Great-grandmother?"

"It sometimes works that way."

"Of course."

"Great Grandma was going to come too, but then, with all the aunts and cousins and all, we would have had more than 200 for Mother's Day. Not a really cool present for Mom."

"Well, I am glad you had a good time."

I noticed Trygg start to get misty. That is so unlike Trygg. We just sat there quietly for a few minutes and then he got up.

"It's getting late. I think I'll take a nap before bed-time."

Trygg went and pulled his blanket from under his chair and crawled up onto the back of the sofa to take a nap. I went to pour a cup of tea and read the paper.

Even the cat winks =^.~=

Regards,

Slim

Mail slimfairview@yahoo.com


Copyright (c) 2011 Slim Fairview

No comments:

Post a Comment