Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Trygg Milks It

"Want hammy? Want hammy?"

(Want hammy?)

I go into the kitchen and there's Trygg lying on the floor, on his back.

"Meow."

(Meow?)

My wife is getting a deli bag out of the fridge.

Trygg looks over at me. "Meow."

My wife is feeding Trygg. Trygg is playing up this whole CAT thing big-time. My wife? My wife is going crazy over it. Okay, no harm done. That was the other day. Last night?

"Who want chickie? Want chickie? You my Chickie Boy? Hmmm?"

Trygg is sitting upright, in front of the sofa, by my wife. My wife has bits of chicken from the roast chicken the other night.

"See! He knows."

(I do not correct my wife on the use of pronouns. Still, it makes it difficult for me to teach Trygg, but I digress.)

"I taught him, hammy and chickie and out. And tweepy." (Sleep.)

Trygg is downing the chicken like he's never seen a meal. Then, too, this is in the parlour. Rules? Out the window.

After dinner Trygg is up on the back of the sofa taking a bath in the window. (I really do have to teach him something about modesty.)

The situation has become complicated. It seems that a mother and her three kittens have appeared. Now, Pood and Friend are letting the kittens crash in their pad: It has carpeting, use of the patio, the picnic table, step service. (Meals twice a day, fresh water, and the snacks.)

I am starting to wonder if Trygg knew they were coming. He eats Kit n Kaboodle. Lately, he's been calling it kitten kaboodoo. That, I know, he learned from my wife.

"That is so cuuuuuute," he'd said.

"That is what my wife says about you."

"It works both ways. What? Don't you think you do things that I think are cute?"

"Like what?"

"Like, uh, oops. Uh,"

"Like when my wife says, 'kitten kaboodoo?"

"Yeah. Nice save."

"Never mind."

None-the-less, I tell him about Jennifer and the kittens. He suggests the consulting thing.

"We could have discussed this last night. I could have worked up some preliminary figures."

"You were too busy dining on chickie. Chickie Boy."

"You talk to Jennifer. I'll be working on the kitten thing."

"Please."

"Please what."

(Silence.)

"Please talk to Jennifer. I'll put together some ideas for the kittens."

"Custom consulting on spec?"

"The same information can be used over again."

I get ready to leave. All of a sudden, I see all this tying together. Trygg's disappeared. I am not surprise.

Even the cat winks =^.~=


Regards,

Slim

slimfairview@yahoo.com


Copyright (c) 2011 Slim Fairview

No comments:

Post a Comment