Monday, April 15, 2013

An Irish Lullaby


(To the tune of Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ra )


Mary, Mary, Mary,
Mary, don’t you cry.
Mary, let me sing you,
An Irish lullaby.

Mary, lay your head down,

Mary, go to sleep,

I’ll get down on my knees and pray,
Your soul the Lord to keep.

And when you awaken,
To a brand new day,
You’ll find my heart is taken,
You’ve taken it away.


Mary, Mary, Mary,
As you gently sleep,
The Angels watching over you,
Will smile and gently weep.

Safe within their keeping,
Your innocence and love,
Watching as you’re sleeping,
From the world above.


Mary, Mary, Mary,
You’re the apple of my eye.
Mary, I will love you,
Until the bye and bye.
  



Words by
Slim  Fairview
&
Trygg.


Copyright (c) 2013
All Rights Reserved.    

Slimfairview@yahoo.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment